Phew! That’s a mouthful, and believe me, you will WANT a mouthful of these tasties!
For this recipe you will need:
- Chocolate chip cookie mix or your favorite recipe (you could even use those break apart cookie dough squares if you wanted)
- Brownie mix or your favorite recipe
- A cookie scoop (mine is a stainless farberware. You don’t need this but I find it makes the proportioning easier and the process faster)
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Whip up that cookie dough and brownie mix in separate bowls. Make it just like the mix says or recipe tells you. Don’t combine the two just yet. (Resist the urge to eat the dough or brownie mix, girlfriend!)
- Put the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan
- Scoop one scoop, or 2 Tbsp of brownie mix into the bottom of the liners
- Then scoop one scoop or 2 Tbsp of cookie dough right into the top of the brownie batter
5. Bake those bad boys! I find that if I bake them at the temperature for the cookie mix, they turn out well. However, the length of bake time will depend on your oven and checking the doneness with a toothpick. Today I set the timer for 12 minutes and it was about 3-5 minutes after that, they came out with a clean toothpick. The cookie will “set up” differently than the brownie. If the toothpick is clean but the cookie still seems a bit soft, STILL TAKE IT OUT OF THE OVEN. Cookies harden as they cool.
When they are done in the oven they will look like this,
6. I let them cool a little while still in the pan. Mostly to help keep the cupcake shape, then transfer them to a cooling rack. You could frost them. I did last year for our Super Bowl party, but to me they were too rich. Now that’s sayin’ something! I chose to frost them with a chocolate frosting, this year no frosting. Plus, with no frosting everyone can see the awesomeness you put inside those delicious brownies! You know how I love versatility. The incredible Mr. Alton Brown (who I am a huge fan of!) always says “no unitaskers in my kitchen!”. He does happen to say this about kitchen tools, but I love versatility of recipes too. I could totally see this being delicious with chocolate chocolate chunk cookies in brownies. If you’re chocolate obsessed like I am.