These waffles are very easy to make and very tasty. My three year old and husband ask for these, and they have no idea they are healthy! I make a lot at a time and freeze them so they are ready for the toaster in the morning. I hate to clean the waffle maker so the more I make at once the less often I have to do it.
- 1 1/2 cups of 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 fork smashed, very ripe banana
- 3 cups pancake/waffle mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (both are optional)
- Water, to get to the right consistency
- Heat waffle iron
- Combine all ingredients
- Brush on or spray waffle iron with additional oil
- Pour mix into waffle iron and cook to your irons specifications
- Serve immediately or wrap in a freezer bag and freeze
The best thing about a recipe like this is, you can totally change it up! Shred up some zucchini, carrots or even apples and hide those in there too! Let me know what kind of delicious trickery you come up with!